Ways we can help
- Provide you with information to help you decide upon the right career path
- Support you with confidence-building to enable your progression
- Provide information and advice about researching relevant employers
- Provide advice and guidance about preparing the perfect CV
- Provide opportunities for you to develop appropriate interview techniques
- Support you in developing transferable skills needed for the workplace
Get in touch
Employability and Careers Strategy
Our commitment is that every student, irrespective of background or starting point, who chooses to study at B&FC, at whatever level, successfully develops the knowledge, skills, behaviours and attitudes which will enable them to secure meaningful, sustainable employment, self-employment and lifelong career opportunities.
Our vision is that every student, irrespective of background or starting point, has opportunities for a personalised service that embraces curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities.
This ambitious and progressive vision for supporting the career journey of all students aligns to the Good Career Guidance benchmarks proposed by Sir John Holman in
2013 on behalf of the Gatsby Foundation.
A formalised approach ensures that learning and teaching (curricular) is strengthened by formalised frameworks (cocurricular) driven through Partners for Success and supported by informal study opportunities and activities (extracurricular) to enhance students portfolios which promote employability and lifelong careers. The mapping of industry specifc skills, attitudes and behaviours follows every student as they progress between levels,