Nail Services - Apprenticeship
Course Code: WH00008
Next available course:
|Anytime||Employers Premises||At least 1 year||Apply|
The VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed nail technician. This qualification is based on the nail services National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK's leading professional bodies (The British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) and the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as a junior nail technician. This qualification requires learners to work in a commercial salon, whereby assessments must be carried out on real paying clients in line with commercial service times.
Your suitability will be assessed during the application process.
Because the industry has high client expectations and relies on repeat business importance is given to:
- Appropriate personal presentation including clothing, hair and personal hygiene. Practical, organisational and social skills.
- Attention to detail and cleanliness.
- A good sense of humour/amicable nature and communication skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Willingness to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- A high degree of dexterity and coordination.
All staff involved in the delivery of apprenticeships within the College are approved to train and support the students in the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified, with relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.