Music Performance and Production - Level 3 Triple Diploma
Course Code: VM1FE229
- This course is designed for aspiring musicians who want to develop a career in the vibrant and diverse music industry.
- You will develop a wide range of skills in music performance and production alongside exploring the music business, music theory, songwriting & recording.
- The course supports the development of your individual creative portfolio and provides the opportunity to develop your music for commercial release.
- We provide a supportive and highly creative environment for you to work in and develop your future career.
5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
If you are a year 11 student applying for this programme, we will compare your GCSE results with the minimum target grades set for you by your school. This will help us decide whether this is your most suitable programme of study. Other students, including those from outside the area, will have an opportunity to discuss their qualifications and experience to make sure they too are studying at the right level. For some programmes, we might need to observe you carrying out certain practical tasks before we can make you an offer.
Teaching and Learning Methods
It is normal to expect up to 12 hours a week in a studio or class room setting. You will have access to specialist equipment for independent study time and this could be up to an additional 6 hours a week.
There is no formal assessment through work experience but you will conclude a minimum of 20 hours work experience.
A full time course working in a variety of industry standard resources combing taught sessions, workshops, independent study, online learning and work experience. In addition to some work in the traditional learning environment you will experience a range of workshops which include:
- The Recording Studio – Pro Tools 12 HD and 24 Channel Analogue Mixing Desk.
- The Mixing Suite – acoustic treated for professional level mixing in both Pro Tools and Logic Pro X software.
- Music Performance Room – versatile space for acoustic and band performances which also functions as a live sound venue including a PreSonus live Digital mixing desk.
- Music Production Suite – fully equipped with 18 iMacs running Logic Pro X software. Space accommodates: Music Sequencing, Sound for Moving Image, Music Theory and Music Production work.
- Rehearsal Rooms – four rooms fully equipped with mixing desks, guitar and bass amp emulation, electronic drum kits and microphones for extended rehearsals and performance preparations. Each room also has an iMac with a sound card for additional songwriting and recording activities.
- University Centre Theatre – provides an excellent performance space for live gigs.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of further education courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Students who are 18 or under and resident in the EU pay no course fees. Read our tuition fees guide for students 19 and over.