Business - Level 2
Course Code: TM1FE030
This course is an exciting Level 2 programme developing the skills, experience, knowledge and behaviours to support progression to a Business T Level.
Successful completion of this Business Pre-T Level can also lead directly to employment or an apprenticeship.
The Business Pre-T Level programme comprises the following elements:
- Level 2 Award in Financial Education. This qualification will get you looking at the impact of finance on the economy and encourage you to consider how this can affect businesses and individuals.
- Level 2 Award in Digital Promotion for Business. The purpose of the L2 Award in digital Promotion is to provide you with the essential skills and knowledge of digital promotion, and develop you understanding of a wide range of topics such as business apps and social media that can be used in a business setting.
- Extended Business project. You will work in small teams to undertake a ‘Dragons Den’ research project that will involve researching business ideas and analysis business operations. You will then plan and pitch a business idea to a panel, will you get any investors?
- Maths and English. An extensive programme to support your success featuring up to two exam resits helping you achieve the Grade 4 required for your T Level
- Progress Meetings. Meet your progress tutor to set targets and monitor your progression.
- Industry Placement (up to 100 hours). This will include work shadowing, work tasters and experience in a real workplace.
GCSEs: at least two at grade 4.
Teaching and Learning Methods
This is a full time course involving 3 days a week in College and 2 days a week in industry.
At Blackpool and The Fylde College we recognise that all students learn differently and for some it may be a return to the classroom following a break from formal learning. Our tutors work with you to ensure that their teaching methods support the way that you like to learn.
You will work collaboratively with your peers in group work, presentations and within practical sessions. There will be dedicated individual/self-study time on your programme which needs to be supported by your own study out of the College learning environments. E-learning is also a key element of all our courses and will involve you using our Canvas platform for independent study and learning.
Within the curriculum we also use a range of on-line apps to support, enhance and motivate learning. Your tutors will be support you with new technologies used in the classroom.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of any courses within the College are approved to teach and/or assess the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering and/or assessing a given programme are appropriately qualified, with relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.