Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre
Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre (FOSC) is a leading provider of safety, survival and fire training to both the Merchant Navy and the Offshore Oil & Gas Industries.
We have a team of teaching staff drawn from the offshore, maritime and safety industries with considerable knowledge relevant to the courses we deliver:
The centre is situated at the internationally recognised Fleetwood Nautical Campus at the northern end of the Fylde Coast.
Truly outstanding facilities ensure a steady stream of blue-chip clients.
Among them are:
- A recent £8 million refurbished campus.
- A purpose built river launching facility with a fleet of five ‘Single and Twin Fall’ Totally Enclosed Motor Propelled Survival Craft (TEMPSC), four Fast Rescue Craft (FRCs) with a mix of Jet and Outboard Drives and three support craft of varying sizes.
- A unique environmental training facility featuring an 18mx12mx4m tank with a wave machine capable of producing a metre swell wave of various patterns. Darkness and rainfall can also be created to provide extreme abandonment conditions.
- A Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) simulator, used by HRH Prince William as part of his professional development as an operational search and rescue pilot.
- A purpose-built fire training facility with recent major upgrades to the classroom, changing and practical BA training rooms.
The centre has accreditation to run the following courses:
- Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW 95)Basic & Advanced Fire-fighting for Merchant Navy delegates.
- Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organisation (OPITO)
- Marine Contractors Association (MCA)
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (Nebosh)
- RenewableUK (Ruk)
- Global Wind Organisation (GWO)
Fleetwood Test House (FTH)
The FTH tests and certifies lifejackets and immersion suits to the CE Mark. It also tests marine safety equipment to The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and MCA requirements and regulations. Accredited to the ISO 9000-2000 Standard, the FTH was recently voted Overall Award Winner at the British Safety Industry Federation Annual Awards.
As the £8 million refurbishment to the main Campus and the £380,000 upgrade to the fire training facility has been completed FOSC are investing in a purpose built working at height WAH training tower for RenewableUK & GWO wind turbine access courses to compliment the current portfolio of Renewable courses:
Bookings and Course Availability:
Telephone: 01253 779123
Fax: 01253 773014
- Academic Studies
- Access and Continuing Education
- Art and Design
- Business and Professional Studies
- Creative Arts
- Engineering, Computing and Automotive
- Hairdressing, Beauty and Related Therapies
- Hospitality, Tourism and Sport
- Nautical and Maritime Operations
- Project Management
- Society, Health and Childhood
- Teacher Training and Education