Welcome to Blackpool and The Fylde College
Welcome to Blackpool and The Fylde College, one of the UK’s leading Further Education colleges. Our reputation for excellence has developed through professionalism and passion for learning, helped by talented staff, outstanding resources and massive commitment to student support.
Programmes – what we offer
Whether you’re seeking employment, promotion, a career change, progression to university or just wanting a new challenge, our vast range of programmes ensures there’s something for everyone. We offer full and part-time vocational courses in everything from Advanced Engineering to Fashion and Costume along with Apprenticeships and higher education courses. We also offer courses for industry, courses for leisure and access courses for people looking for a new start in life.
Accolades – why we’re good
- We recently became the third general Further Education College in the UK to receive Ofsted Grade 1 Outstanding across each of the main areas since a new framework was put into place in September 2012
- We’ve been designated a National Beacon of Excellence by the government
- We've been judged by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) as fully meeting UK standards, with 2 out of the possible 3 additional areas judged as 'commended' and 11 areas of good practice being cited.
- We’re an Associate College of Lancaster University – ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide*
- National Training Award winner two years running
- We’re a National Beacon Award winner – our latest win in 2010 was for working with a group of colleges to make more than £200,000 savings through smarter procurement
- We supported over 22k students to success in 2014. With a 92.9% overall success rate, we topped the rankings of colleges in England**
Achievement – helping students realise their potential
Whatever your circumstances and learning goals we’re committed to helping you achieve the best you can. Tutors offer ongoing support while our experienced student advisors can help with everything from money worries to choosing a career. We’ll encourage you to push the boundaries of your own potential by getting involved in enrichment activities and competitions, like WorldSkills UK.
Facilities – where you’ll be studying
As one of the UK’s largest colleges, we have excellent facilities for students. They include 4 main campuses located across the Fylde Coast, all of which have recently undergone or are currently undergoing major redevelopment to deliver state-of-the-art teaching and learning resources. They are complemented by a host of cultural, sporting and recreational facilities.
Blackpool – a town on the up
Blackpool is already Europe’s most visited tourist resort, yet thanks to a multi-million pound programme of regeneration, its fortunes are set to rise even higher. Exciting projects such as the contemporary new seafront and stunning town-centre piazza have re-injected the town with a dose of ‘urban chic’ not experienced since its Victorian hey-day. Even so, it’s still one of the most affordable places to live and work in the UK.
We’re committed to raising educational standards and aspirations not just locally but throughout the whole of the FE sector. We do this through initiatives such as the National Challenge Trust (where we contribute to quality improvement at local high schools) and the 157 Group (sharing best practice nationally to raise the quality of further education). We constantly review and update our curriculum and resource research projects designed to improve the student experience.
We’re looking forward to playing a key part in your journey towards success.
*Source: The Times Higher Education international table
**Source: The Skills Funding Agency national success rate tables
School Leaver Courses
Adult & Community Courses
Higher Education Courses
Maritime / Offshore
Maritime & Nautical Courses
Skills and Business
Help and Support
About the College
Help and Support
Jobs at B&FC