Programme Leader, BEng Automotive Degrees
Wayne is currently working towards a Master’s in Mechanical Engineering at Lancaster University.
Prior to teaching at B&FC he worked in the automotive industry, gaining Master Technician status while employed by Vauxhall Motors.
He is currently in his fifteenth year of teaching at B&FC and has taught motor vehicle studies at a variety of levels, including work-based tutoring. For the last ten years however, he has concentrated solely on delivering degree programmes.
In his spare time, Wayne runs his own Motocross team with his two young children.
• computational fluid mechanics
• data logging and analysis
• motor vehicle technology
Courses I Teach
- Automotive Engineering and Technology - Foundation Degree
- Automotive Engineering and Technology (Motorsport) - Foundation Degree
- Automotive Engineering and Technology with Foundation Year - Foundation Degree
- Automotive Engineering and Technology with Foundation Year (Motorsport) - Foundation Degree
- Automotive Engineering and Technology - BEng Hons Degree - Topup
- Automotive Engineering and Technology (Motorsport) - BEng Hons Degree - Topup
Qualifications and Accolades
• Certificate of Education - Lancaster University (at B&FC)
• Assessor Unit
• C & G Basic Turning
• IMI Supervisory Management Level 3
• City & Guilds Motor Vehicle Levels 1-3 (Distinction)
• CD-adapco Calendar Competition winner
• Race Car Dynamics & Data Acquisition
• Race Car Set-up
• GT Suite
• Claude Rouelle seminar
• CD-adapco - Star Design
• Motec i2 Data Analysis
Motor Vehicle Technician and Master Technician with over 15 years’ experience of the automotive industry.
I really enjoyed working in the automotive industry, particularly the ‘hands on’ side of things, but after 15 years I decided it was time to pass on my knowledge and experience and gain new insights as well.
“If you don’t know why you are winning you won’t know why you are losing.”