After 15 years spent working in front-line services, Vicky returned to B&FC to undertake the Managing Substance Misuse/Health and Social Care degree programme.
Through her work experience and academic learning, Vicky has developed an avid interest in dual diagnosis (substance misuse and mental health issues), and latterly personality disorders.
• family support work
• substance misuse
• mental health
• personality disorders
• therapeutic interventions
• criminal justice (adults and young people)
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
• Foundation Degree Managing Substance Misuse
• BA (Hons) Substance Misuse/Health and Social Care
• Level 6 Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Post Graduate Certificate in Personality Disorder
• PGCE – Education
• Masters in Child Welfare and Wellbeing (ongoing)
• Child Protection Team – Blackpool Borough Council
• Surestart Mereside
• Residential Care Worker (Children and Young People)
• Residential Detoxification and Rehabiliation Unit
• Community Support Worker (Substance Misuse)
• Prison In-Reach Worker (Drug Intervention Programme)
• Dual Diagnosis Worker (Substance Misuse/Mental Health)
• Family Support Worker (Out of Hours Substance Misuse)
• Emotional and Mental Health Worker (Youth Offending)
• Director – community interest company supporting local open prisoners to reintegrate into the community
Actively involved in Blackpool Family Support Network.
My own excellent higher education experience at B&FC and the level of support I received from staff inspired me to enter the teaching profession myself. I therefore chose to return to B&FC to complete my PGCE and was successful in gaining employment here. Having studied at various other higher education institutions I believe the support and guidance that B&FC students receive is ‘above and beyond’ and a contributory factor towards their success.
“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein