Tracy started her 15-year career in the beauty industry as a junior therapist. With exceptionally high standards and the drive to continually learn and develop, she eventually became the proprietor of her own beauty salon.
Tracey’s thirst for knowledge hasn’t abated as she approaches the completion of a BA (Hons) Education and Professional Studies. Her aim is to continue to improve teaching standards and ultimately the learning experience for students.
• beauty therapy
• salon management
• IPL (intense pulse light)
Qualifications and Accolades
• EDI Level 3 Award in Assessing Candidates Using a Range of Methods
• Certificate in Education (Post Compulsory)
• OCR Level 4 Award in Conducting Internal Quality Assurance of the Assessment Process
• Level 3 Rethinking the Way We Teach
• BA (Hons) Education and Professional Studies (in progress)
Fifteen years’ hands-on experience of the beauty industry, including owning/managing my own beauty salon.
As Senior Tutor, my responsibilities involve empowering a team of lecturers to improve standards of teaching and learning within beauty therapy, ultimately to improve the student experience.
I am currently in my final year of a BA (Hons) Education and Professional Studies, which is supporting me in the above endeavours. I also undertake continuous professional development (CPD) to further my sector-specific knowledge and skills.
"The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to change." - Carl R. Rogers