Programme Leader – Electrical Installations
Tom became a member of teaching staff in 2015 as a Lecturer, working up to Programme Leader. Tom supports his students and helps them achieve their personal goals.
- Electrical Installation design and Install
- Testing, Inspection of Electrical Installations
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
- L5 Diploma in Education and Training
- L4 in Internal Quality Assurance
- L3 in Assessing Vocational Related Achievement
- L3 BS7671: Requirements for Electrical Installations
- L3 Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations
- L3 Inspection, testing and certification of Electrical Installations
- Achievement Measurement 2 in Electrical Installations
- C Course: Installation and Regulations
- Electrical Competencies Pt1+2 2360
Tom completed an apprenticeship after leaving school, as an electrician. He worked on domestic and commercial installations mostly, ranging jobs from minor works to complete installations, including testing, inspection and fault finding. The last 9 years in industry Tom worked for himself until he decided to pass on his knowledge and skills to up-and-coming tradespeople.
As a professional Tom keeps up to date with industry changes and continues with professional development in both electrical and teaching sectors. He ensures that learners are given all the opportunities they need to succeed.
The staff at Blackpool and Fylde College are supportive in making sure students reach their goals, as a former student Tom can testify the great opportunities open to learners.
"To get bountiful rewards you need to put the effort in now."
"You are a master of your own destiny."
"It does not matter where you have been, its where you’re going that matters."