Steven was a student at B&FC himself before beginning a hospitality career that spanned 32 years.
Working in both the UK and abroad, he gained a wealth of experience - front and back of house - in hotels, restaurants, on cruise ships and in commercial operations catering.
Steven believes no other career provides the satisfaction and buzz that you get from pleasing your guests and developing new and exciting culinary creations.
Food production and hospitality - front and back of house services for fine, casual and event dining
Qualifications and Accolades
• C&G 705/7061-2 Professional Cookery
• C&G 707 1-2 Advanced Food Service
• C&G 706-3 Advanced Culinary Arts
• Certificate in Education (Cert Ed)
• Assessors Awards D32/33/34
• British Institute of Inn-keeping Award
• Craft Trainer Award
• Certificate in Licenced House Management
• Centra Award Pastry Cooks & Patissiers Credit
• Certificate TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness and Enhancement Programme)
• mentored and managed the Nestle Toque d’Or team to the national finals on three separate occasions
Over 30 years’ international experience of the hospitality industry, working in hotels, restaurants, on cruise ships and in commercial operations in the areas of fine, casual and event dining.
• developing links and enhancing continuous professional development with a range of hospitality businesses (Rowleys, Twelve, The Villa Groups, Pied a Terre & L’Autre Pied - both Michelin starred London restaurants)
• mentoring and managing the team for the Nestle Toque d’Or and other competitions, including the College Skills Clash
B&FC offers the best student experience and facilities, allowing you to unlock your potential to build a career of your dreams.
“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” - Winston Churchill
“Your success in life isn't based on your ability to simply change. It is based on your ability to change faster than your competition, customers and business.” - Mark Sanborn