I left school and joined a local builder as an apprentice, I since have gained over 25 years' industry experience and been a tutor at B&FC for 3 years.
I am currently involved in the teaching and training at all levels of plastering within the college.
- All aspects of internal plastering and external systems
- Experienced with metal framed systems and tiling
- Greatly enjoy delivering eLearning
- Assessing all levels of programmes taught
- Experienced in delivering teaching using the Canvas virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Supporting and mentoring students to achieve beyond their expectations
- Course development
Qualifications and Accolades
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Award in Education and Training
- Assessors qualification
- Advanced Crafts in Plastering
- City and Guilds levels 1 & 2 in Plastering
- National Certificate in Building Studies
I have over 25 years industry experience, Carrying out all aspects of plastering internal and externally. I had my own business whilst also working and sub-contracting to smaller local and larger national companies.
I spent 18 months in New Zealand where I was first introduced to their modern monocouche external render systems. I have experience within all aspects of the plastering Industry which includes metal framed systems.
Relevant teaching and learning qualifications. Site visits.
I was delighted to bring my experience to B&FC as a lecturer which allowed me to share my expertise with others aspiring to enter this industry.
The entire educational experience and resources within the college are first-class. Achievement rates and my own personal experiences underpin that.
My career to date has progressed substantially since joining the teaching staff at B&FC and I'm looking forward to working with future generations of tradespeople to help them achieve their career objectives.
Work hard and you will get your rewards.