Nicola’s training at Mountview Theatre School almost thirty years ago provided her with the necessary skills to embark on a rich and varied career in acting and musical theatre. As such, she has since performed in a variety of theatre and film productions, including No.1 National Tours, the West End, commercials, short films and, more recently, a full-length 3D feature of ‘Saint Dracula.’
Nicola’s subsequent training in teaching, together with her Master’s in Physical Theatre and PGDip in Media Production, has added significantly to her creative repertoire as a performer, practitioner, facilitator and teacher.
Alongside teaching and performing Nicola manages her own community theatre company, ‘Inspired Productions’, for which she also writes and performs. The company produces educational and bespoke productions for schools, community groups and museums with the aim of providing an imaginative and theatrical experience in a non-theatre environment.
Working in the primary, secondary and post-compulsory sectors, Nicola has taught drama, theatre studies, performing arts and acting. She recently completed a PGDip in Children’s TV Production, which allowed her to gain experience working at the BBC and even write an animated short for CBBC Scream Street.
• ensemble physical theatre
• media production (children’s TV)
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
• BA (Hons) Acting – Mountview Theatre School
• MA Ensemble Physical Theatre
• PGDip Media Production: Children’s TV
• PGCE (Primary)
• LAMDA (Gold)
Work History & Experience:
TV and film credits (year, type, role, production company/director)
• 2016: Research Assistant, Cbeebies – BBC, Internship (July – August)
• 2016: CBBC Animated Shorts Competition (winner), Writer -‘Bone Tail’, Scream Street - CBBC
• 2013: Commercial Customer, Cousins Winter Sale, ABF Pictures
• 2012: Film, April, Dream On LemFilms: Lloyd Eyre-Morgan
• 2011: TV Commercial, Contestant, Lights, Camera, Bingo Pace Media: Joe Morris ITV1 ‘High Stakes’
• 2011: Film, Mother Superior, Saint Dracula, Cinema Verite (Biz TV) (Director: Rupesh Paul)
• 2011: TV Pilot, Ashley, Am Dram Relentless Media (Dir: Steven Hester)
• 2011: Film, Mother, The Green Dress, Dream Catcher Films (Directors Carl Brandwood and Pam Taylor)
• 2011: Film, Lord's Mother, The Secret Diaries of Mona Lisa, Cinema Verite (Big Boss Visual Media) (Dir: Joe Eshwar and Rupesh Paul)
Theatre credits (year, type, role, production company/director)
• 2001-2016: TIE/Community Writer/Actor, various productions, Inspired Productions
(As the director of Inspired Productions I have written, devised, directed and performed in a range of productions for schools, community groups and National Trust Properties. Past and current productions include: 'A special lesson for Billy', 'E-Mission', 'Cut thread and thrum,' 'Way Back When,’ 'Hot Property,’ ‘Blast from the Past,’ ‘Downstairs Dunham’ and ‘Way Back When.’)
• 2010-2011: Play, The Artist, Artist Unknown, Schmucks Theatre Co.
• 1997-2000: Play, Nicola, Girls’ Night Out, Paul Farrah Prods (No.1 National Tours and West End) (Director: Carole Todd)
• 1997: Musical/Play, Martha, The Secret Garden, Paul Farrah Prods No.1 National Tour) (Director: Roger Haines)
• 1995: Play, Laura Clapton, Frank Desires, West Yorkshire Playhouse
• 1994: Play, Benji, Adult Child Dead Child, Fiat Lux Theatre Co.
• 1993: Play, Rose of Sharon, The Grapes of Wrath, Spin Off Theatre Co.
• 1991: Musical, Angel, Forever Eve, Plug Productions (Director:Mike Fields)