Nick was born in Blackpool, where he still lives today. A practising fine artist, Nick has been teaching at B&FC for almost thirty years. Throughout that time he has exhibited at venues throughout the UK and Europe.
- drawing and painting (methods and concepts)
- mixed media
- professional fine art practice
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
Master's in Fine Art
I have been a practising fine artist since graduating in fine art in 1978 from Norwich School of Art. My continued practice has included solo and group exhibitions throughout the UK and Europe. My work is also held in private collections in Britain, Germany, Canada, France and Poland.
- started teaching in further and higher education at B&FC – 1990
- taught drawing and painting practice at St Martins and Lancaster University – 1997-2004
- formed Orb artist studios (a collective of resident practising professional artists)
- helped establish ‘The Bridge’ Abingdon Street studios, a non-College workspace for level 6 fine art students
- exhibiting at Test Bed in association with ArtCOP21
- exhibiting/curating ‘Art for Artsake’ Orb open studio - 2015
You would choose B&FC because we offer bespoke specialist teaching and learning on a personal scale, and above all, we value the individual.
“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” - Scott Adams