Lecturer and Programme Leader
Himself a B&FC graduate, Michael has first-hand experience of both the student and faculty experience within the College. He is the Programme Leader for the City and Guilds Certificate in IT, and has experience teaching across a range of courses within the department.
In 2014 he began his teaching career and secured a teaching post within Computing: his technical specialisms are in Online Development, Networking, and Cyber Security.
In September 2018, Michael graduated from UCLan with a Master’s Degree in IT Security (with Distinction).
- Cloud Computing
- Network Management
- Network Security
- System Security
- Cyber Security
- Data Recovery and Interrogation
- Data Analysis
- Database Management
- Website Development
- Scripting for the Web
- PHP Application Development
- Video Production
- Audio Production
Courses I Teach
- Computer Science and Digital Technologies - Foundation Degree
- Computing (Computer Technologies) - Level 2
- Computing - HNC
- Computing with Programming, Games Development & Cyber Security - Level 3 Combined Diploma
- Computing with Programming, Games Development & Cyber Security - Level 3 Triple Diploma
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - BSc Hons Degree - Top up
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - BSc Hons Degree - Top up
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - Foundation Degree
- Software Development (App Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Software Development (Game Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Software Engineering (App Development) - Foundation Degree
- Software Engineering (Games Development) - Foundation Degree
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - Foundation Degree
Qualifications and Accolades
- BSc (Hons) Interactive Design
- MSc IT Security
- CCNA instructor
- Freelance web development
I attend a range conferences relating to online development and security, and how these can be taught more effectively at HE level. In addition to this I run free courses aimed at developing the digital skills of those looking to thrive in the modern business ecosystem.
Within the Computing and Digital Technology Department of B&FC you will find lecturers who are genuinely enthusiastic about the subjects they teach. After all, if we are not enthusiastic about what we teach, how can we expect you to be the same about learning the subject?
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. - Pele