After completing my Business degree I went to work in industry to fully immerse myself in the very latest working practices and gain invaluable insights that would later provide students with a thorough understanding of what to expect in their careers.
I continued to work in industry as I went into teacher training. Since joining B&FC as a lecturer I have taught further and higher education Business programmes focusing to inspire students to reach their goals - in further study or employment.
Watching my students succeed has inspired me to continually develop and learn. I now have a MSc in Blended and Online Education to provide the best learning experiences for my students.
I currently teach Leadership and Management higher education programmes, focusing on academic study and research modules.
I believe in equipping students with the skills that not only support successful completion of each programme, but also allow them to develop transferable skills for life.
Business Management can lead you into a variety of industries and it equips you with the skills you will need in industry.
Courses I Teach
- Business Management (Leadership) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Finance Management) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Digital Marketing) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Human Resources Management) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Leadership) - BA Hons Degree - Topup
- Business Management (Digital Marketing) - BA Hons Degree - Topup
- Business Management (Finance Management) - BA Hons Degree - Topup
- Business Management (Human Resources Management) - BA Hons Degree - Topup
- Business Management (Leadership) - Degree Apprenticeship
- Business Management (Finance) - Degree Apprenticeship
- Business Management (Digital Marketing) - Degree Apprenticeship
- Business Management (Human Resources Management) - Degree Apprenticeship
Qualifications and Accolades
- MSc Blended and Online Education
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- BSc Business Studies
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert 2019 - 2020
- 2019 Governors’ Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
On completing my degree I went into the catering industry, working in professional kitchens to study team development in the workplace.
I have also worked as an enrichment officer to develop event organisation and management skills.
Working in industry has equipped me with up-to-date knowledge and skills to share with students.
I always wanted a career where I could help people realise their potential, and I believe teaching at B&FC allows me to do this.
I undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the fields of both business and education, which allows me to deliver up-to-date knowledge and skills in the classroom.
Teaching at B&FC provides me with constant challenges which help me to grow and develop as a lecturer.
I also like the community feel of the College and how that has inspired students to achieve their full potential during their time at B&FC.
“Education is your ticket to the future.”