Programme Leader Digital Production and Film Making & Creative Media Production (BA Hons)
On graduation I pursued a career in television,broadcast and screen media production.
Accumulating 15 years of experience working for a range of production companies such as BBC, Thames, Granada, LWT, Celador, Limehouse and Endemol Television where I gained experience in roles as Assistant Producer, Floor Manager, Assistant Director, Camera Operator and Lighting.
During my time in content production I developed an interest in the post-production and editing. I ventured out as a freelance producer and editor for Corporate, films, Show-reels, Promotion Videos, Kiosk Presentations and Interactive media for corporate clients.
Digital Media, Film Production, Television and Broadcast, DLSR Filmmaking, Adobe Post Production.
- DSLR – Canon 60D, 7D, 5D (mk3), C300, Sony A7s
- ENG/FILM - Sony Z5, Z7, EX1, FS700, FS7, URSA 4.6K, Arri Alexa, BM URSA 4.6
- Sound: Boom, Shotgun and Radio Mics (Sony and Sennhieser)
- Lighting: Grid plotting, 3 Point & HMI
- Studio: Sony Broadcast VTM and BlackMagic ATEM Switchers. AutoCue, DDR playback, Panasonic CCU.
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
TELEVISION PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
- Stars in Their Eyes: Granada – Performer, PA, AFM,
- Russ Abbot Show: Granada - Performer, PA, AFM,
- Generation Game: BBC - Performer, PA, AFM, Camera Op
- Shauns Show: Channel 4 - FM
- Children In Need: BBC - PA, AFM
- Royal Variety Show(s): ITV, BBC - Performer, PA
- Royal Command Performance: ITV: Performer, PA
- Millenium Show: BBC - PA. AFM
- CDUK: LWT - Performer, AFM
- Top of The Pops: BBC - Performer, AFM
- TFI: Ginger Media: AFM
- Saturday Night Live: LWT - Performer, AFM
- BAFTA Awards: Thames TV - AFM
- Live from the Royal Albert Hall: BBC - AFM
- Cracker: ITV - 2nd AD
- Prime Suspect 5: Granada – 2nd CA
- Peak Practice: Carlton/Granada – 1st CA
CORPORATE PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
- Ford – Product launches
- Tresemme – TV/Online campaigns
- Wella / Patrick Cameron International – Collections 2001-2017
- Forfex Professional – Extreme Sculpting tutorials 2004 - 2008
- Revlon – Promotion videos 1998 - 2016
- BaByLiss – Promotion videos 1998 - 2016
- Mercedes A Class – Corporate event video 2001
- Sony/Warner Brothers / Harry Potter DVD launch party event 1998
- Bev C – Stylist Show reel 1999 - 2007
- Goldwell – Photoshoot video 2001
- NHS – Flu vaccination campaign (national)
- Various Commercials & Branded content – Digital Signage networks
I have worked in television, film and corporate media production for over 20 years. Throughout that time, I have been involved in production management, design, lighting, filming, directing and post production for companies such as the BBC, Thames, Ginger, Celador, Limehouse, Sony, Ford, Revlon and Wella.
I am currently a lecturer of the Filmmaking degree at Blackpool and the Fylde college and an external examiner of BA (Hons) Short Film at Hereford College.
I also assess apprenticeships at production companies such as the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and national radio broadcasting providers.
As one of the largest further educationcollege college in the UK, the facilities for media production at BSoA exceeds that of many other FE colleges. This allows me to teach, and for student to learn industry skills that are highly relevant and sought after by employers.
All the staff at the college are motivated to share their valuable industry experience with students and help to shape and guide them to successful careers in what-ever career they choose to pursue.
"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out." – Alfred Hitchcock.