Programme Leader Family Support & Wellbeing
Marie benefits from more than 30 years’ sector experience, acquired in early years, and in primary, further and higher education establishments.
As Development Officer for the Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership, Marie supported the development of provision and practice in Blackpool. She has played a key role in local authority pilot projects covering areas such as speech and language, English as an additional language in the early years, and Special Educational Needs (SEN).
Through her role of HE Learning Mentor, Marie has supported students to achieve their full potential. She also has significant experience of working with families, through her involvement in family service and Sure Start provision.
Marie is passionate about the importance of early years experiences in promoting positive holistic development and as HE Programme Leader, she is committed to enhancing the professional practice of current and future practitioners in family support services.
• family support work
• child development
• equality and diversity
• inclusive practice
• wellbeing strategies
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
• Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
• BA (Hons) Education
• HND Early Childhood Studies
• Certificate in Counselling Studies
• Diploma in Pre-School Practice
• SSA Level 3 Certificate
• Certificate in Protection of Children from Abuse and Neglect
• early years - primary, further and higher education
• speech and language development
• English as an additional language
• family support services
• actively involved in the Blackpool Family Support Network and Multi Agency Academic and Professional Network
• planning, designing and delivering the newly validated Family Support and Wellbeing programme and the cross-College Academic and Digital Literacy module
• attending events such as the Blackpool Better Start masterclass programme
• mentoring student teachers
• industrial updating with local family support workers, independent domestic violence advisers and associated services
Having undertaken study at B&FC I am aware of the commitment and expertise of the lecturers and the supportive environment offered to students.
The support of the teaching team within Society, Health and Childhood combined with our full range of services and resources enables students to be the best they can be.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step” - Lao Tzu