Marc is a former personal trainer and exercise professional. With a passion for ultra-endurance exercise, he has 80 marathon and ultra-marathon finishes to his name and in 2015 became an IRONMAN triathlete. Marc is currently an active running coach, with a specific interest in the physiology of endurance sport.
• endurance exercise physiology
• immune system response to exercise
• exercise delivery and programme design
• strength and conditioning for runners
Qualifications and Accolades
• BA (Hons) Management with Tourism and Leisure
• PGCE (Post-Compulsory)
• MA in Sports Management
• MSc Exercise Science (Physiology)
• REPs Registered Personal Trainer
I worked for 15 years in the fitness industry as a personal trainer and exercise specialist. My previous employers include DW Fitness, Carrefour Health and Beauty, Next Generation Clubs, GymEtc and BAE Systems.
• External Examiner for New College Durham
• pedagogical research into collaborative student-led learning and innovation in academic assessment
The tutors at B&FC have a genuine belief in our students and that they will make a difference.
“Intent reveals desire; action reveals commitment.” - Steve Maraboli