Lecturer & Progress Tutor
Lisa’s professional career started in voluntary sector funding, community engagement and partnership service delivery. She later moved into youth and community development, becoming responsible for strategic service delivery and change for targeted deprived communities. She undertook teacher training in 2010 and has taught at B&FC ever since.
• leadership and management
• youth development
• community and graduate skills development
Qualifications and Accolades
• BSc (Hons) Organisation and Management Studies
• Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
• Postgraduate Diploma Youth and Community Development
• HND Business and Finance
My professional career began in voluntary sector funding, community engagement and partnership service delivery. I then went on to gain over 16 years’ industry experience in youth and community development, which led to me taking up the position of Head of Community Development for a large council team.
• attending ‘Turning the Tide’ conference on resilience in social care
• developing ‘Professional Development and Graduate Skills’ module for new degree programme
• Specialist Advisor for Westview Community Management Committee
At B&FC, a range of dedicated and professional members of staff put students first. Within Society, Health and Childhood, we are a team of professionals, equipped with a plethora of skills and knowledge to support the next generation of qualified practitioners.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”