In 2009 Lee decided that a 10-year catering career was enough. Heading into College on a cold misty morning in order to find a career in “playing games” ended with enrolment onto a Level 3 BTEC National Certificate, which would change his life forever!
On completion of the level 3 qualification Lee embarked on a degree in Interactive Design (Game). This was a huge change from level 3 academically, however the passion from the tutors around him and the skills he was taught developed his passion not only for the subject but for the practice of teaching as well.
The next step was a Professional Graduate Certificate of Education in 2013/2014 with full-time employment at the College commencing in September 2014. This year allowed a significant placement within the Computing Department, in which Lee soon learnt that teaching would require just as many interpersonal skills as academic knowledge.
With a strong passion for a broad variety of computing subjects, Lee began an MSc at Edgehill University in 2016. Upon completion of this he was made Programme Leader for Software Engineering & Game Development/App Development.
The next steps involved Lee completing a research project that looked at teaching programming pedagogy this has driven the desire to embark on the toughest challenge to date, a PHD in Higher Education: Research Evaluation and Enhancement.
Programming, 3D Modelling, App Development, Database Development, Maths, Data Analytics and Project Management
Courses I Teach
- Digital Support Services - T Level
- Digital Business Services - T Level
- Software Engineering (App Development) - Foundation Degree
- Software Engineering (Game Development) - Foundation Degree
- Computing - HNC
- Software Engineering (Game Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Software Engineering (App Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Computer Science and Digital Technologies - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - Foundation Degree
Qualifications and Accolades
- MSc Computing
- Professional Graduate Certificate of Education
- BSc Interactive Design (Game)
- Mathematics for Numeracy Teaching
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (Level 1)
- BTEC Game Development (Level 3)
I have been developing a python program for a start-up company, which is essentially a specialist clock that can be used on the sports streams and in a live event scenario. This has given me a range of examples in which I can share with the SEGD Year 2 industry placement students, which should benefit the way they tackle similar projects.
- Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in IT (2008-2010)
- B&FC FdSc. Game Design and Development (2010-2012)
- B&FC BSc (Hons) Interactive Design (Game) (2012-2013)
- B&FC PGCE (2013-2014)
- B&FC Lecturer Computing (2014)
- Edge Hill University MSc Computing (2016-2017)
- B&FC Programme Leader SEGD/SEAD (2017)
B&FC stands out for me as a college which operates at a University level while offering a range of additional benefits such as one-to-one support and small classroom environments, whilst still have university level libraries, events and student union experiences.
“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.” (Einstein, 1949)