Keith returned to education to study computing after running an electronics business for many years. Rapid changes in the economics of the electronics consumer equipment market meant a new path had to be found, and computing seemed the obvious choice.
Keith’s initial intention had been to reinforce his business with a computing strand. He eventually scrapped the idea however when his extensive workshop experience earned him the offer of a position at B&FC, teaching the principles of computer hardware.
Keith has been teaching ever since, from level 2 right through to level 6. He also delivers CISCO training to the public on an economic course basis.
• network routing and switching
• network security
Courses I Teach
- Digital Support Services - T Level
- Computer Science and Digital Technologies - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Computer Science and Digital Technologies - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - Foundation Degree
Qualifications and Accolades
• MRES Computing - 60 credits
• BSc (Hons) Information Technology
• CISCO Certified Instructor
• CISCO Certified Security Instructor
I ran my own electronics business for over twenty years and have extensive experience of practices such as health and safety and practical problem-solving, which I am able to share with students. Electronics is a major element of computer science, and students have benefited from a different but related perspective in this area.
I have attended national conferences in the area of cyber security, sharing best practice with other security professionals to enhance the delivery of computing courses at B&FC.
B&FC’s computing equipment and resources are on a par with, if not better than, most other higher education institutions and our excellent industry contacts facilitate first-rate work placements. This, combined with our high quality teaching, provides students will have a first-class learning experience and an excellent chance of securing employment in their chosen field.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi