Preston-born Jonathan spent his teens travelling in France and Spain before settling in Australia in 1989. He eventually returned to the UK, living in London for a spell before returning to Lancashire. In 1993, he started a BA (Hons) in Visual Art and Culture, which he completed three years later in 1996.
In 1997, Jonathan began teaching life drawing and printmaking at Blackburn College. A year later he was approached by Blackpool and The Fylde College to take up the role of Learning Support Tutor for Art and Design, which he did. He started teaching further and higher education in 2006.
In 2009, Jonathan began studying for an MA in Studio Practice at UCLan. He now runs a studio in Preston and has been involved in several exhibitions throughout Europe and the US.
• painting techniques and processes
• drawing strategies and techniques
• creative problem-solving strategies
Qualifications and Accolades
• BA (Hons) Visual Art and Culture
• MA Fine Art Studio Practice
I have been active in the arts since completing my degree in 1996. Since my MA was completed in 2011 I have run an art studio in Preston. I have been involved in exhibitions in the UK, Europe and the US.
• Moss, J. (2015) ‘Axiom’ solo show Exhibited at: The Gallery, Blackpool and The Fylde College University Centre, Blackpool. Nov 2015–Jan 2016.
• Moss, J, et al (2013) ‘Re: Location’. International Artist Exchange project. Exhibited at: PR1 Gallery, UCLan & Novi sad University Vojvodina, Serbia. July-November 2013. (The aim of RE: Location is to integrate arts groups from diverse cultural backgrounds and to unite artists from the six former states of Yugoslavia.).
• Moss, J. et al (2011) ‘Anonymous Drawing Archive’, Exhibited at A Blutenweirss Project, Sihlquai55 Offspace Visarte, Zurich, Germany December 9–18 2011.
• Moss, J. et al (2011) ‘Exhibit – B’. Curated exhibition & exhibited at: Deadbeatstudio, Preston, Lancashire, UK.
• Moss, J. et al (2011) ‘Clubhouse’, Exhibited at: Virgin Lounge - Newark, New York, USA with Jotta Contmporary. 2011.
• Moss, J. et al (2010) ‘Exhibit – A’. Curated exhibition & exhibited at: Deadbeatstudio, Preston, Lancashire, UK.
• Moss, J. et al (2009) ‘Airside’. Exhibited at: Virgin Lounge, Gatwick Airport, UK with Jotta Contemporary. 2009.
• Moss, J. et al (2009) ‘Anonymous Drawings – Archive Selection’. Exhibited at Fruehsorge Contemporary drawings. 6–21 February 2009.
• Moss, J. et al (2009) ‘Alt_Cph09’ Copenhagen Alternative Art fair. Exhibited at: Fabrikken for Kunst og Design Sundholmsvej. Denmark. 18-20 September 2009. (Focus on the importance of the eligibility and existence of the alternative initiatives.)
• Moss, J. et al (2009) ‘Liste 09’, The Young Art Fair. Exhibited at: Burgweg 15, Kaskadenkondensator, Basel, Switzerland. 9–14 June, 2009.
• Moss, J. et al (2009) ‘The MA Show’, MA & Other Post Graduates contemporary art show. Exhibited at: Atkinson Gallery, Street. February–March 2009.
• Moss, J. et al (2008) ‘Anonymous Drawing 9’. Exhibited at Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien, Berlin 19–21 December 2009.
• Moss, J. et al (2008) ‘Triple Echo’. Exhibited at: Victoria Building UCLan, Preston; Wirral Metropolitan College; Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool & ‘IMPACT 6’ International Printmaking Exhibition and Conference, UWE, Bristol 2009. (Group show of prints by staff and students of 2008 UCLAN, LJMU, Wirral Met. Triple Echo Touring.)
• Moss, J. et al (2007) ‘Face, place, space’. Exhibited at: Solaris Exhibition Centre, Blackpool. May 2007.
• 2010: Exhibit A/B, Deadbeatstudio, Preston, Lancashire, UK.
• Virgin Atlantic Collection
• RE-LOCATION 2013 - Pages 32, 33 - isbn: 978-1-901922-89-9
• ‘Airside’, Jotta Contemporary, 21/12/2009.
• ‘Art Advisory: Virgin Atlantic Collection’, Jotta Contemporary.
I have been teaching in further and higher education since 2006 and have taught at B&FC since 2012. I presented a paper at the 2016 AoC Conference, as well as a case study workshop at B&FC’s 2016 Learning and Teaching Conference.
You should pick B&FC because we are a fantastic place to study with an outstanding reputation, both nationally and internationally. Our dedicated teams have a real love of their subject and an enthusiasm that is second to none.
• "We will either find a way, or make one." - Hannibal
• "I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso