After graduating in Applied Chemistry, Jagjit pursued a career in the coatings industry. She spent the next 13 years in charge of on-site laboratory activities, supporting both industrial and laboratory business.
Jagjit’s career has also seen her assume responsibility for large-scale manufacture and customer line trials, in the UK and overseas.
She has written pieces for various coating journals and presented papers at international conferences alongside carrying out ‘live’ demonstrations at seminars.
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
• MA in Education
• Post Graduate Certificate in Post Compulsory Education
• MSc in Chemistry
• BSc Hons (2:1) Applied Chemistry
I worked for over a decade as a Thermal and UV Coatings Chemist.
I recently undertook a Quality Control project for DePuy Synthes, carrying out the following application tests to medical products:
• resin viscosity tests
• tensile and impact tests (testing the flexibility and hardness of the product)
• melting points to check purity
• high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) exploring separation techniques
Students are fully supported to achieve their educational potential.
'Failure is not an option' - Anonymous