Brought up in Blackpool, Ian has been in and around tourism and hospitality his whole life. He started his career in hospitality at the age of 13 and continues to this day to be involved in hospitality and event operations.
Ian has worked for organisations throughout the UK and also has experience of working in France and the US.
Qualifications and Accolades
• MA Hospitality & Events Management
• PG Cert International Hospitality Management
• BA (Hons) Hospitality Management
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
I have several years’ experience as a licensed house manager/leisure manager, a career that was fast-paced, constantly changing and gave me the opportunity to travel.
• working closely with the licensed retail industry and local government
• industry networking to keep ahead of current trends
• Director of an events catering business
• External Examiner for University College Birmingham and New College Nottingham
B&FC has well-qualified and experienced teaching staff. Students are taught in small groups by staff who care about the student experience.
“Be taught by experienced professionals in the town that is famous for hospitality and tourism.”