Higher Education Programme Leader - Business, Management and Finance
Grant joined B&FC five years ago and is currently Senior Tutor Learning and Teaching. Prior to that he worked in the hotel and health club industry for over ten years, for big players such as DeVere, Village and DW Fitness.
The sector was the natural next step for him after graduating in Business and Leisure Studies at Manchester University. Grant was a mature student at Manchester, having been a professional footballer since leaving school up until his mid-twenties.
I have extensive experience and qualifications in all business-related activities. I have played a significant role in completely rebranding a hotel chain as well as managing a corporate culture change.
Courses I Teach
- Business Management (Digital Marketing) - Degree Apprenticeship
- Business Management (Digital Marketing Management) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Finance) - Degree Apprenticeship
- Business Management (Finance Management) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Human Resources) - Degree Apprenticeship
- Business Management (Human Resources Management) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Leadership) - Degree Apprenticeship
- Business Management (Leadership Management) - Foundation Degree
Qualifications and Accolades
• PGCE Lancaster University
• BA (Hons) Leisure Management & Business Studies (2:1), Manchester University
• BTEC HNC in Business Studies Merit Award, B&FC
• BTEC in Leisure Studies (Merit Award), Accrington & Rossendale College
• 6 GCSEs (Grade C and above)
• eight years as a professional and semi-professional footballer
• ten years working in the hotel and health club industry
• five years’ teaching experience at B&FC
Working with apprenticeship programmes
This is one of the best performing further education colleges in the country. Having been educated here myself I’ve had an insightful experience of the culture and expectations that both staff and students have around success.
My favourite is by Mahatma Gandhi: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”