Specialist Practitioner & Lecturer
Gary left school at the age of sixteen and secured a job as a trainee baker in Marton. His training involved studying a three-year course at Blackpool and The Fylde College.
He eventually became a bakery manager, a role he remained in for nine years. He then joined a high-class bakery, spending the next 17 years learning how to run a successful bakery business.
Having gained a wide range of skills, Gary’s next career move was to apply for the position of baker at B&FC. Here he gained his PCE and became a lecturer.
Qualifications and Accolades
• CG Bakery 120 parts 1 & 2 (Credits)
• Safer Food Better Business Certificate
• Intermediate Health and Hygiene Certificate
• PCE Level 5
• Safeguarding Level 2
• Maths Level 2
• English Level 2 and O Level
• FA Coaching Level 1
• MS Word Level 2
• MS Excel Level 2
• MS IT Level 2
• Internal Verifier Award Level 4
• A1 Award
• Bakery Manager, David Rees In-Store Bakeries (9 years)
• Bakery Manager, Neal’s Craft Bakery (17 years)
• attended FDQ conference in Leeds Nov 15
• worked at Greenhalghs Bakery with our level 2 students
• worked at Slatterys Chocolatiers in Manchester using enrobing machines and the latest oven technology
• attended CBA conference in Manchester
B&FC provides a great community spirit among the staff and students which in turn creates a great environment in which to teach and learn. With high levels of support you have every opportunity to become the best you can be.
My favourite is by Benjamin Franklin: “Don’t put off tomorrow what you can do today.”