Senior Tutor Teaching & Learning
Francoise has almost 27 years’ experience of working with children and young people, with the latter part of her career concerned with supporting the inclusion of Special Educational Needs (SEN) into mainstream provision.
Her career began in early years and she later progressed to managing children’s nurseries. She then moved into education services, working for Blackpool and Lancashire County Councils within schools and special schools.
A move to a local charity followed, with Francoise taking up the role of Chief Executive, supporting children and young people with disabilities and additional needs. This led to her involvement in Blackpool Safeguarding Board, through which she became an advocate for disabled children and their families.
All these experiences provided a rich foundation from which Francoise was able to make the leap into teaching further education and, more recently, higher education.
• early years
• disability awareness
• safeguarding children and young people
• third sector management
• creative language and literacy In early years
• integrated multi-agency working
• autism awareness
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
• NNEB Diploma Nursery Nursing
• Cert in Teaching Training and Development
• BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
• Diploma in Education and Training
• early years
• special education
• primary education
• third sector
• further education
• mentoring new staff and PCGE students
• supporting the team to engage in scholarly research
• curriculum area staff development
• employer engagement
B&FC supports students to become the best they can be, by reinforcing and developing individuals.
“Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X