Dawn was born and grew up in Blackpool, then moved to London to train at the Performers College. She lived and worked extensively in London for over 10 years, returning to Blackpool in 2008 with her husband to start their family. Dawn now has two young children.
• dance technique
• dance performance
• commercial dance
Qualifications and Accolades
• Associate in ISTD Musical Theatre Dance
• Diploma in Musical Theatre
I have worked extensively in the performing arts industry as a professional dancer and performer, working for established choreographers and directors.
My work credits include:
• Phantom of the Opera (film) - Choreographer Peter Darling, Director Joel Schumacher)
• Leprechauns (film) - Choreographer Bruno Tonioli)
• BBC musical drama ‘Blackpool’
• Kylie Minogue promo tour (MTV European Music Awards, Top of the Pops, CDUK and Brit Awards)
• Pop videos for Kylie Minogue, Rachel Stevens, Lisa Scott-Lee, Mel C, Omero Mumba and Robbie Williams
• TV appearances on Blue Peter, TOTPS, CDUK, This Morning, Children in Need, Pop World, GMTV, Lorraine, Party in The Park, Royal Variety Show, Comic Relief, Sports Relief, Princes Trust and European Stars in Your Eyes
• TV commercials for T-Mobile, Tesco, Argos, PlayStation, Carling Live and Vodaphone
As a dancer I have also modelled for various fashion, hair and trade shows for clients such as Levi, House of Fraser, Goldwell, Wella, Panasonic and Mazda.
While working in the industry, opportunities also arose for me to choreograph for the following clients: Halifax, Mazda, BMW, House of Fraser, and Marks and Spencer.
I am a member of One Dance UK. I also engage with online forums and as a member of The Healthier Dancer Programme Network, I am able to share and discuss the latest developments, information, resources and best practice in dancers’ health, and dance medicine and science.
B&FC provides a supportive and nurturing working environment.
“Great dancers are not great because of their technique: they are great because of their passion.” -Martha Graham