I was inspired to pursue a career in teaching by my Business Studies tutor at A level.
However, I wanted to work in industry first to equip myself with the relevant skillset, experiences and knowledge to best pass on to the students I teach so proceeded to work in various roles before embarking on qualifying to teach.
I currently teach on the Business Management degree programmes focusing on Operational Leadership, Leadership Practice, Dynamic Business Environment and Organisational Ethics in Business.
I am a strong advocate of transferrable skills and lifelong learning. I believe that embracing a Higher Education programme coupled with life experience and determination results in the most successful and employable graduates ready to be the Leaders of tomorrow.
Courses I Teach
- Business Management (Leadership) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Leadership) - BA Hons Degree - Topup
- Business Management (Financial Management) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Digital Marketing) - BA Hons Degree - Topup
- Business Management (Digital Marketing) - Foundation Degree
- Business Management (Human Resource Management) - BA Hons Degree - Topup
- Business Management (Human Resource Management) - Foundation Degree
Qualifications and Accolades
- MSc Business Management: University of Central Lancashire.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE): University of Bolton
- BA (Hons) Business Studies: Manchester Metropolitan University Business School
- Microsoft Innovative Educator
I was a Product Manager within the pharmaceutical industry for a number of years working across Global operations for the Molnlycke Healthcare Group and Regent Medical. This included ‘behind the glass’ market research, International exhibitions, designing packaging, UK/Europe logistics of products and organising Marketing exhibitions.
I have also held various Marketing roles across both private sector and public sector organisations including: GP strategies, Debenhams PLC, Beneast Training Ltd and B&FC. My areas of work included planning exhibitions, outreach, print and digital marketing materials and web content.
With regards to teaching after qualifying to teach in 2012 I taught across a number of academic study levels.
- Secondary School (North West)
- Further Education (B&FC)
- Apprenticeships and Higher Education (University of Central Lancashire).
This variety helped me focus my skills as well as my preferred environment and confirmed that Higher Education was where I wanted to consolidate and establish my teaching career.
In addition to providing content for various websites and publications I have spoken at a number of industry conferences including EORNAC and RCS frontiers annual event both in the UK and Europe.
To keep my knowledge accurate and appropriate to the modules I teach I spend several days in industry each year as part of my Continuous professional Development. BAE Systems, KPMG and Manchester City Football Club PLC being the most recent.
Having taught at a variety of levels from High School age to Degree level, I knew HE was the place that best suited my skillset and industry experiences. The HE provision at B&FC has enabled me to maximise my own potential towards teaching and learning as well as enabling me to teach across a wider spectrum of learner, which I find incredibly satisfying and rewarding.
Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.