Senior Tutor Computing
Colette studied here at Blackpool and The Fylde College for a Lancaster University degree and graduated with first class honours in Interactive Media Design.
In 2013 she began her teaching career and secured a teaching post within Computing: her technical specialisms are in web design, client-side scripting and cyber-psychology.
Currently, Colette teaches all levels within further and higher education. Programme Leader for the Level 2 Certificate in Computing, she is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
Colette is passionate about teaching and learning and is keen to enhance her teaching repertoire through engagement with scholarship and new technologies.
In 2015, she embarked on a Masters in Technology Enhanced Learning at the University of Huddersfield, where she explored the interaction of technology and pedagogic practice in the context of advanced research.
Colette’s current interests are in researching different pedagogies which are assisted by technological interventions, particularly the flipped paradigm.
• cyberpsychology and the impact of using social media
• developing scripts for web development
• creating and designing websites
• building content management systems
• embedding technology in and outside of teaching session's pedagogic practices
• enhancing active and collaborative learning techniques in the workroom to embed employability
• providing effective audio feedback
• using and embedding the flipped paradigm to enhance pedagogic practice
Courses I Teach
- Computing (Computer Technologies) - Level 2
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - Foundation Degree
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Software Engineering (Games Development) - Foundation Degree
- Software Engineering (App Development) - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - BSc Hons Degree - Top up
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - Foundation Degree
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - BSc Hons Degree - Top up
Qualifications and Accolades
• MSc Technology Enhanced Learning
• Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
• BSc (Hons) Interactive Design
• Foundation Degree Interactive Media Development
• Fellow of the HEA
• Certified Adobe Trainer
• Excellence in scholarly and research activity
I consult with a variety of industries to create live assignment briefs and to ensure that students are prepared for the workplace.
I am committed to creating the best learning experiences for students, which I achieve through spending time within industry (five days per year) to keep my technical skills up-to-date.
I have attended and presented at local and national conferences to help promote excellence within higher education; focusing upon teaching quality and the learning environment.
Blackpool and The Fylde College and I share the same passions, drives and commitments, delivering excellent learning and teaching opportunities to students to equip them for life and work beyond the College.
I love working as part of a highly qualified team; we offer students fantastic learning opportunities, which are engaging, challenging and creative. I particularly like helping and guiding students through their educational journey, seeing them transform and become ready to advance their careers.
“If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Fred DeVito