Curriculum Manager – Catering and Hospitality
Before embarking on a teaching career Bev worked in various hotels and as a catering manager for 10 years, producing food of a high quality for an American company. She chose a career in hospitality because she has a passion for cooking, fine dining and meeting new people.
From here she furthered her career by training to become a lecturer and gaining qualifications in leadership and management up to level 7. She has over 20 years of teaching experience across further education (FE) and work-based learning, the last 5 of which have been spent as a curriculum manager at B&FC.
Bev has carried out both internal and external assessments for City & Guilds. She has built up excellent relations with local and national employers, which has enriched the curriculum and ensured students are well equipped to meet industry expectations.
Drawing on my industry expertise together with my educational background, I continually strive to enhance the teaching, training and day-to-day management of our hospitality and catering provision.
Courses I Teach
- Food Safety in Catering - Level 2
- Personal Licence Holders - Level 2
- Supervising Food Safety in Catering - Level 3
- Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking) - Level 3
- Culinary Skills - Level 2
- Professional Food and Beverage Service Skills - Level 2
- Food and Beverage Service Supervision - Level 3
- Professional Cookery - Level 2
Qualifications and Accolades
A diverse range of teaching, assessing and verifying, including being an External Quality Assessor for City and Guilds.
• working in various hotels and as a catering manager for 10 years
• producing high quality food for an American company
• consulting with catering and hospitality employers to maintain own currency of trends within the industry
Attending local and national conferences to help inform government policies in relation to education within the hospitality industry.
B&FC is passionate about preparing young people for the hospitality industry and working with employers to ensure our provision is current, relevant and aligned to industry needs.
“Dream big, work hard, achieve greatness.”