Benjamin Da Silva Grave
Ben’s first interaction with B&FC was as a student in the late 1990s when he attended to re-sit his GCSEs. From there he went on to complete both Intermediate and Advanced NVQs in IT and eventually an HND in Business Information Technology. Ben’s obvious aptitude and passion for IT led to him continuing his studies at UCLAN on a BSc Computing (Forensics). Keen to pass on his knowledge to others, Ben took up a teaching post at B&FC, where he has supported the next generation of IT specialists for more than a decade.
- Cyber Security
- Forensic Data Recovery and Investigations
Courses I Teach
- Data Analyst - Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship
- Digital and Technology Solutions - Degree Apprenticeship
- Network Engineer - Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship
- Network Engineering (Cyber Security) - Foundation Degree (Subject to Validation)
- Network Engineering (Systems Administration) - Foundation Degree (Subject to Validation)
Qualifications and Accolades
- BSc Computing (Forensics)
- Cisco Certified Instructor
- Teacher of the Year nominations
For more than a decade, Ben has worked closely with both employers and graduates to enrich the curriculum with relevant, real-world teaching, learning and assignments.
- NWCSC Cyber Security Conference 2016
- Cisco CPD Week 2018
At B&FC, ongoing multi-million pound investment in facilities provides students with access to cutting edge resources on a par with those in industry. This gives them the experience needed to hit the ground running once they start work within the industry.
“Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?” – Sun Tzu