Alan J Kent
Alan is an experienced educator and practitioner, who balances his teaching role with running a thriving photographic business.
He has worked at B&FC for more than thirty years, during which time he has worked at management level, overseeing the development and delivery of several courses.
Alan now focuses his energies on pure teaching and researching early photographic and printing processes and techniques.
• analogue and digital photography
• lighting (studio and location)
• conventional darkroom and digital manipulation skills
Qualifications and Accolades
• Cert Ed Teachers Certificate
• Diploma in Photographic Practice - 1966-1969, Farnham/Guildford School of Art
• Fine Art Photography Awards - nominee
• Black and White Spider Awards - nominee (2015 - 6 categories & 2016 - 1 category)
• Exhibition - Black Box Gallery, Portland, Oregon, USA (2016)
• Advertising Photographer
• Social Photographer
• Fine Art Photographer
In addition to my teaching role at B&FC, I run and operate a thriving photographic business. This involves working with clients from the wedding and portrait demographic as well as commercial clients and art directors in respect of advertising.
B&FC provides a wonderfully creative environment where I can help students discover their true potential, and where I am continually allowed to discover and rediscover my own.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau