Starting September 2022, our engineering T Level will get you ready for an exciting and challenging career in manufacturing, processing and control roles.
What's different about T Level?
Your T Level comprises three parts:
- Campus-based learning. You'll enjoy a curriculum designed by employers to make sure the skills you learn are applicable in your career. You'll spend 80% of your course in a range of dynamic study environments that feel like a real workplace.
- Industry placement. You'll spend a minimum of 315 hours (45 days) in the workplace putting into practice what you've learned on campus, and gaining practical insights you'll find invaluable in your first job.
- English, maths and digital skills. These are essential in helping you get ready for work - and making you a versatile asset to your employer.
One T Level is the equivalent UCAS points to 3 A Levels. So once you've completed your course you'll be ready for a degree apprenticeship or other higher education programmes.
Alternatively, you might want to get straight into work.
- Average annual wage in this sector is £34,000
- 4,075 annual job openings in the North West
- 122,662 jobs in the North West
Depending on which Engineering T Level you choose, you might find yourself in one of the following roles.
Manufacturing, processing and control: Production technologies
- Metal Fabricator
- Pipe Welder
- Plate Welder
- Non-Destructive Testing Engineering Technician
- Engineering Technician
Manufacturing, processing and control: Manufacturing technologies
- Composites Technician
- Advanced Furniture CNC Technician
- Advanced Upholsterer
- Bespoke Furniture Maker
Manufacturing, processing and control: Processing technologies
- Advanced Baker
- Food and Drink Advanced Process Operator
- Maintenance engineering technologies: Control & Instrumentation
- Fashion & Textiles Pattern Cutter
- Taught by industry specialist tutors
- Weekly skills sessions with Engineering specialists
- Dedicated simulation suites support skills development
- Latest CNC technology in our advanced engineering workshops
- Amazing industry placements with key Lancashire employers such as BAE Systems, Westinghouse Springfields, EDF Energy, Airbus and Victrex
To find out more about T Levels: