Financial Support for 19+

If you're 19 or over and studying a full-time further education course, you could apply for the Advanced Learner Loan to cover your course fees with nothing to pay upfront and no repayment till you're earning at least £25,725 a year (for further education courses at level 3-6 only).


Do you earn less than £17,500 a year? You could be entitled to a free course if you're studying up to a Level 2 qualification.


We also offer the following support through our B&FC Bonus - see if you're eligible by checking the table below:

  • FREE 24/7 Blackpool Transport travel pass*

  • FREE circular bus service linking our Bispham Campus with Poulton-le-Fylde

  • FREE healthy breakfast every morning while you’re at College

  • £60 monthly bursary payment to help with course-related costs*

  • Help with childcare costs*

*Eligibility applies

The offerHelp with travel to and from College if you live 1.5 or more miles from the campus you attendMonthly bursary payments to help with your course related costsHelp with childcare whilst you studyHelp with the costs of accommodation if you have to study away from home because the course is not available in your local area and you are studying towards your first full level 2 or 3 qualification
Am I eligible?Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance or Income Support

OR Income based Employment and Support Allowance

OR Universal Credit

OR Council Tax Reduction or Housing Benefit

OR Pension Credit (guaranteed only)

OR Working Families/Child Tax Credits (TC602) 2018/19 (2017/18 must show income less than £20,000)

OR P60 end of year certificate for 2018 and Council Tax statement

OR An unwaged dependant of any of the above

What do I need to bring?

A photocopy of all pages of a Job Centre Plus,  Department for Work and Pensions letter dated from March 2018

OR A photocopy of all pages of a Working/Child Tax Credit Award Notice * (TC602) 2018/19 (2017/2018 must show income less than £20,000)

OR Two P60s for April 2018 (income less than £20,000) and a council tax statement showing the number of adults living in the household. If one parent or carer in the household does not work and is not in receipt of an eligible benefit , they should provide three months recent bank statements

*Please note: we are unable to accept your Tax Credit Annual Review Notice

How do I apply?

Please apply as early as possible to ensure funding is in place before the start of your course. Application forms will be available soon. If you have any questions about the financial support available, please email

Contact us

Our advisers are here to help with all aspects of funding. Contact us on T 01253 504224 or E