Keen to get started in your career - but don't have any work experience?
Not yet got English and Maths qualifications - and wondering what to do next?
A pre-apprenticeship - otherwise known as a traineeship - may be exactly what you need.
Pre-appreniceships last from 16 weeks to six months.
What's involved in a pre-apprenticeship?
Pre-apprenticeships combine work experience with learning employability skills.
- A 100-hour work placement
- Basic employability skills
- Support to achieve English and Maths qualifications (if required).
Successfully complete your pre-apprenticeship and if your placement provider has a job or apprenticeship available, you will get an interview for that role.
If no vacancy is available you'll get an exit interview and meaningful written feedback to help you take the next step towards employment
Is a pre-apprenticeship for me?
Pre-apprenticeships are designed for young people who
- Are not currently in employment - and have little work experience - but are keen to get started in their career.
- Are aged 16 to 24 (or 25 with an education, health and care (EHC) plan) and qualified below level 3; and
- Will be ready for work or an apprenticeship after a traineeship
Pre-apprenticeships include work experience to help you develop the personal attributes and job-specific skills for employment.
What kind of pre-apprenticeships are available?
Pre-apprenticeships are available in the following areas:
- Health and Adult Care/Childcare
- Hospitality and Catering
- Customer Service
- Fish and Shellfish
Pre-apprenticeship benefits exclusive to B&FC
Start a pre-apprenticeship at B&FC and you'll also get a free bus pass - and, depending on your circumstances, a £40 bursary.
Find out more
Pre-apprenticeships are available throughout the year.
Get in touch with B&FC to find out how you can get involved.