- Always dreamed of becoming a nurse?
- Want to save lives as a paramedic?
- Patient listener ready to change the lives of people desperately needing your support?
B&FC can get you on the way to becoming a nurse, paramedic or social worker - whether or not you already have qualifications.
You're only two years away from a higher education course to prepare for nursing, paramedic science or social work.
- Year one: Pre-Access to HE Health and Social Care Professions. This course starts in January and September. Receiving benefits or on a low income? This course may be free. Contact us for more information.
- Year two: Access to Higher Education Diploma. This year you'll specialise in the area reflecting your career ambitions - whether that's social work, paramedic science, nursing and midwifery - or social sciences.
If you've got 3 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English or Maths - or completed Functional Skills Level 2 courses in English and Maths - you're ready for our one-year Access to Higher Education Diploma.
If you don't have English and Maths GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, we may accept a vocational qualification such as NVQ 2 Health and Social Care.
Study your way
These courses are delivered a couple of days each week - so you can manage the workload around your busy lifestyle. Plus additional financial support may be available. Contact us for more information.
Beyond B&FC: your degree
Once you've achieved your Access to Higher Education Diploma, you'll need a specialist degree to become a nurse, paramedic or social worker.
While B&FC doesn't offer higher education qualifications in these areas, our experts will help you choose the right place to get them.
Contact us now
Don't delay. Courses start soon to help you get on the road to the career you've always wanted.
- No qualifications? Start with the Pre-Access to HE Health and Social Care Professions course
- Got GCSEs? Study for our one-year Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- For more information, call 01253 504343.