8 reasons to choose T Level Construction
Published on 17/08/2020 by DTHACK
Construction programme leader Rosalind Tsang shares eight reasons you should consider the Design, Surveying and Planning (Construction) T Level - offered for the very first time this September at B&FC.
- You'll spend three days a week gaining a technical qualification recognised both by universities and employers. This gives you two days a week for the chance to gain important work experience or a related part-time job, putting what you've learned into practice.
- The Design, Surveying and Planning (Construction) T Level course includes a 315-hour industry placement. That's the equivalent of a full-time job for 8.5 weeks - plenty of time to understand how things work in industry and to make important contacts to last your career.
- Gaining industry experience will not only provide you with unique experience and expertise - but it gives you a competitive advantage when it comes to recruiters taking a look at your CV.
- The Design, Surveying and Planning (Construction) T Level is free to everyone under 19. You'll be gaining core concepts and theories in construction
- Tutors are highly experienced in their fields, expertise they will pass on to you from the very first day of your course.
- The construction centre is equipped with the latest technology. We've made a huge investment in our construction facilities so that you have access the very latest developments to impress your future employers.
- Your Design, Surveying and Planning (Construction) T Level course will include site visits and guest speakers to give you fresh perspectives and hands-on experience of what it's like to work in the construction industry.
- Beyond T Levels, you can look forward to entry direct into the construction industry or a raft of higher education opportunities - specialising through degrees or HNCs or maybe seeking out a higher apprenticeship combining paid employment with further studies.