Free career courses available April for adults
Published on 12/03/2021 by DTHACK
B&FC has launched a wide range of free spring courses helping over-24s get qualifications to reboot their careers.
Adults yet to gain a Level 3 qualification can choose from 10 free career courses starting April 2021.
Courses available free
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Adult) - Level 3
- IT Systems and Principles for IT Professionals - Fast Track to Degree
- Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) - Level 3
- Children and Young People's Workforce (Social Care) - Level 3
- Counselling Skills - Level 3
- Understanding Mental Health - Level 3
- Adult Care - Level 3
- Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care - Level 3
- Managers - Level 3
- Public Services - Level 3
The Level 3 courses are equivalent to an advanced technical certificate, and 2 A levels.
This new Level 3 offer for over 24s is part of the government's Lifetime Skills Guarantee to remove the age constraints and financial barriers for adults seeking their first advanced qualification.
The qualifications have been carefully chosen to help adults improve their job prospects. They have good wage outcomes and address skills needs in the economy.
B&FC's Careers and Partnerships Manager Jane Mahon explained: "It's fantastic news for the Fylde coast that the government has found funding to make Level 3 qualifications free for the over-24s without one.
"The courses on offer here at B&FC are all geared towards job vacancies available locally. We urge all adults to get their first Level 3 qualification and boost their career prospects for the long-term."
19 to 23s without a Level 3 qualification still get any course free at this level..
Click on a course above and then the Apply button alongside the April start date.