Welcoming back B&FC students onsite
Published on 07/09/2021 by SMILLS
It’s the start of the new academic year and we are excited to be welcoming students back on to campus this week!
To ensure the safety of the entire College community, we have a wide variety of health and safety measures currently in place to keep everyone safe and enable a safe return to student life, including:
- The wearing of face coverings remains mandatory in all indoor spaces at B&FC. If a student has an exemption certificate (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own) they will be required to wear a coloured lanyard and a see-through visor, both are available from reception points
- Two supervised lateral flow tests will be undertaken by students upon their return to College in the new academic year, these tests will be a couple of days apart and students will be informed of the local arrangements by their curriculum area during induction
- In rare cases where this is not possible, additional safety precautions will be required
- In line with government guidance, B&FC recommends a Lateral Flow Test at least twice per week
- B&FC promotes vaccinations for all eligible students
- Maintain effective hand hygiene
- Where possible maintain good ventilation
- Where possible conduct social activities outside or in well ventilated areas
- Do not attend College if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 and get a PCR test as soon as you can
- Always wear your B&FC badge whilst on campus
Following these health and safety measures means that we can maintain face to face learning, students can enjoy the full range of services on offer and participate safely in all curricula, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Sadly, non-compliance with any of these requirements will result in students not being allowed access to College sites but revert to online education only.
We look forward to welcoming you all back on site!