We support students in 'Being Safe and Feeling Safe'.
If you feel unsafe or are at risk of being unsafe - speak directly to your tutor or another member of College staff.
If you cannot contact anyone at College and feel you are at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, or feel you are at risk of danger from others, call:
- 101 for situations that do not require an immediate police response.
- 999 if you are in an emergency situation
For non-urgent medical help contact the National Health Services (NHS) - either by phone or online:
- Your GP – your GP contact details will be available on-line.
- Blackpool Urgent Treatment Centre (Walk-in Centre): 01253 953953. Get contact details and opening times.
- NHS helpline on 111 (the 111 service is extremely busy -expect a wait), or NHS online via 111.nhs.uk.
Other useful support networks are:
- Mental Health Helpline: 0800 616171
- Samaritans: Freephone 116123 (available 24 hours a day)
- Childline (for under-19s): 0800 1111
Staying safe online
'Being Safe and Feeling Safe' includes staying safe online.
Here are some useful resources to help you stay safe online:
- Cyberaware is the UK government's guidance on how to follow their six top tips for staying safe online.
- thinkuknow.co.uk is from National Crime Agency - CEOP, which has advice about staying safe when on a phone, tablet or computer.
- saferinternet.org.uk includes tips, advice, guides and resources for non-experts to help keep safe online.
- childline.org.uk is a great resource to help you keep safe, and what to do when things go wrong. Some of the topics covered are tips to staying safe online, keeping your information secure, and how to spot fake news.
- ceop.police.uk is for safely and securely reporting online sexual abuse, whether you have been the victim of online sexual abuse or you’re worried this is happening to someone that you know.
- reportharmfulcontent.com guides you through reporting and removing harmful material from social media.
B&FC Prevent Strategy
Here is the Blackpool and The Fylde College Prevent Strategy (you must be a member of the B&FC community to view this resource).