Welcome to the world of further education.
Now you're in control.
Choosing the B&FC course to get on track for the career you want.
Choosing the right course
Below you'll find a list of B&FC courses for school leavers.
All you have to do is pick the subject that makes you smile.
Here's a quick guide to the courses we offer:
- Level 1, 2 and 3 Diplomas (2-year course with a 20-hour industry placement; these include Triple Diplomas and Double Diplomas). Simply choose the subject you want to study; we'll suggest the right level to match your experience and ambitions in your offer (see step 5, How to apply).
- Combined Diplomas (2-year, Level 3 course; you'll need to choose two Combined Diploma subjects)
- T Levels (2-year course; 20% of your course is work-based; 80% is college-based study)
- Apprenticeships (about 18 months; 80% of your course is work-based; 20% is college-based study)
Look out for our College and School Liaison advisers during Year 11, who will talk you through the different options.
How to apply
Follow these steps and you'll be a B&FC student!
- Select your course from the list below.
- Click Apply.
- Complete the application form. If you're applying for a Combined Diploma, choose one of your Combined Diploma subjects and complete the application form.
- Attend an interview. You'll meet your tutor, learn about the college and talk about your career goals.
- We'll confirm your offer. We'll write to you with details of your offer including any entry requirements.
- Please confirm your place. Once you receive your offer it's important to confirm it as quickly as you can to get ready for B&FC.
- Attend a taster day. Once you've confirmed your place we'll send you details of taster events to meet other future students.
- Enrol. GCSE results day is when you officially become a B&FC student. Watch out beforehand for a letter explaining all the details about enrolment. Don't worry if you didn't get the grades you needed - we'll find you an alternative course.
Why choose B&FC
Ranked in the top 2% of all colleges in England for school leaver success1 and judged Outstanding by Ofsted, B&FC provides a first-rate education to steer you towards your future career.
Thinking about university? Our level 3 triple diplomas provide the same amount of UCAS points as three A-levels. Successfully complete one of these courses, we will guarantee you a place on a B&FC degree course2.
From expert tutors and amazing facilities to strong industry links that help to develop your employment skills, everything is in place to support your future success.
1 National Achievement Rate Tables (NARTs) from the Department for Education and Education and Skills Funding Funding Agency 2017/18
2 Terms and conditions apply