Be part of representative team sport at Blackpool and The Fylde College. Our sports teams are open to all students regardless of their course and include:
- Men’s, Women’s and Disability Football
- Rugby Union
The teams compete in AoC sport leagues and regional and national tournaments with fixtures taking place every Wednesday afternoon during the College term.
In addition, we enter a number of regional events, including golf, cross-country, table tennis and trampolining that allow students to qualify for regional squads and national championships.
B&FC Active is a programme of social activities designed for all students at B&FC who want to get active, have fun or try something new. Activities take place at lunchtime, after College and during the evening and range from open drop-in sessions to those designed for specific groups. Sessions include:
- A daily programme of social sports, such as Table Tennis, Badminton, 3v3 Basketball, Volleyball, Trampolining, Zumba and Boxing Training
- Weekly College Team Nineteen football leagues
- Fantastic student offers at local facilities such as Blackpool Wakepark, TeeTime Golf Centre, Sport Blackpool Climbing and Bouldering and High Impact Academy (Taekwondo).
Fitness Suite and Classes
All ages and fitness levels are welcome in our state-of-the-art, fully air conditioned gym which offers:
- A range of cardiovascular and resistance machines
- Arc trainer, the most up to date cross trainer on the market
- Smith weight training machine and a free weights area
- TVs and audio entertainment equipment
- Induction for all new members
- Personal trainers and personal fitness programme
- Circuit training
- Fitness classes
Find out more about the Inspirations Fitness Suite.
Student Management Team
Are you passionate about sport? Do you want a chance to further your skills and gain valuable experience in the field? Then come and get involved!
Our Student Management Team is made up of a core network of students who are responsible for delivering intra-College competitions and working to enhance sports provision at the College.
With support from B&FC staff and opportunities to gain additional training from National Governing Bodies of Sport, this is a great opportunity to gain experience, pick up valuable new skills and meet new people, as well as contribute towards your personal development and employability skills.