Skip to main content

Exams and Achievements - Certificates and Results

Further education courses (and non-University higher education) - results and access to exam scripts

Results days

  • GCSE results day – Thursday 12 August 2021

Please do not come to the campus to collect your results, they will be emailed to your B&FC college email account by lunchtime of your results day.

We will also post a candidate results slip to your home address on your results day, so please ensure this is up to date.

Appeals for Teacher Assessed Grades

In line with Government advice for awarding results in Summer 2021, your grade this year is based on a range of evidence collated by your tutor. Following thorough internal and external quality assurance procedures with Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) and exam boards you will receive a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG). Further details on the process can be found here JCQ-Guidance-for-Students-and-Parents-on-Summer-2021 and Ofqual Student Guide to Awarding Summer 2021.

When you receive your results, if you don’t think you’ve been issued with the correct grade, you can make an appeal to the College. Further details of the appeals process and the dates these should be submitted by can be found in the JCQ-Guidance-for-Students-and-Parents-on-Summer-2021

Stage 1: Centre Review

You can appeal to B&FC if you don’t think you have been issued with the correct grade and we will review if we:

  • Have made an administrative error e.g. submitted the wrong grade
  • Did not apply the procedure correctly

Stage 2: Appeal to the Exam Board

If you still don’t think you have the correct grade after the centre review with B&FC is complete, you can ask us to appeal to the exam board who will review:

  • If B&FC made an unreasonable exercise of judgement in the choice of evidence from which we determined your grade
  • If B&FC did not apply the procedure correctly
  • If the exam board made an administrative error

When submitting an appeal, it is important to remember that your grade can go down, up or stay the same through either stage of the process.  You will need to submit your appeal to B&FC and give us your written consent to conduct the appeal or submit it to the exam board on your behalf.  This can be done by completing an Appeals Request form which is available from this link.  This completed form should be returned to the Exams Manager on this email

Enquiries about results

If you feel that any of your individual unit marks are below what you realistically expected, there are various Post-Results Services available to you, depending on the qualification you have completed. We ask that you first speak to your tutor to clarify which (if any) service is available to you and before deciding whether or not to proceed. Please bear in mind that marks can go down as well as up and there may be charges depending on the qualification awarding body and the service requested.

Service 1: Clerical Re-check

A re-check of all clerical procedures relating to the marking of a script. This service does not re-mark a script but simply checks all aspects of administration relating to the script (adding up of marks etc).

Services 2: Re-mark 

A script may be completely re-marked.

Academic Appeals

The college offers a formal procedure of appeal against assessment decisions to ensure that students can be satisfied that assessments have been carried out fairly and assessment board decisions also made fairly and in the full knowledge of the relevant circumstances of the student.  Full details of this process are contained within the college's FE Appeals Against Assessment Decisions Policy.

Access to exam scripts

In some cases it may be possible to request your original exam script.  All requests for Post-Results Services must be made via the Achievements Office and payment made at the Student Administration/Reception Desk before any request can be processed with an awarding body.  We advise that you discuss such requests with your tutor before proceeding.
Approximately £15 per paper (costs vary by examination/awarding body). Where there is a successful outcome and a mark is increased, you will receive a refund of the fee paid.

Degree-level courses - results and transcripts

Enquiries about results

For all enquiries surrounding assessment or exam results on HE courses, please visit our Higher Education Taught Award Regulations page and refer to document B9 - Academic Appeals.


  • No charge will be levied for first replacement academic transcripts originally issued prior to June 2011
  • A charge of £20 will be levied for replacement academic transcripts issued between June 2011 and June 2016.
  • From June 2016 Blackpool and The Fylde College and Lancaster University students have been provided with a HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report) instead of a transcript, this can be accessed via Gradintelligence.

For further information or to request a transcript please email:

1For Blackpool and The Fylde College and Lancaster University programmes only. Students who have studied with other awarding bodies should contact them directly.
2Availability of certain transcripts cannot be guaranteed.


Unless you wish to pick up your transcript personally, all transcripts are posted, 2nd class, free of charge anywhere in the UK however for international delivery an additional charge of £10 is required. Requests for transcripts to be delivered by recorded delivery in the UK will be charged at £4.50.

Certificates (all courses)

Certificates will be posted to the address held on our College database. It is a student’s responsibility to ensure the College holds up-to-date information on their personal records. You can update your details at any of the main reception points (across all campuses), or by contacting the Achievements Department on T 01253 504177.

Collecting certificates

If you would prefer to collect your certificate in person, you can do so by visiting the Achievements Office at our Bispham campus (room T105). Contact us on T 01253 504177 to arrange collection.  Please make sure to bring a form of ID with you.

What to do if your name is spelt incorrectly on your certificate

Any certificates with incorrect spellings would need to be returned to the Achievements Department, which would then be sent back to the Awarding Body with an amendment request. Awarding Bodies will not re-issue a certificate without the return of the incorrectly spelt one. It can take approximately 3-4 weeks for a replacement to arrive. Please return the certificate to the Achievements Office with a covering letter explaining details of the incorrect spelling. Depending on the nature of the spelling change (for example if any of your names have changed completely), you may need to supply evidence when returning your certificate for amendment (photocopy of passport, driving licence, marriage certificate, deed poll etc).

What to do if you have lost your certificate

If you have lost your certificate, it will cost approximately £40 to gain a Statement of Results or a replacement certificate (costs vary by awarding body).
The College is unable to provide replacement certificates. These can only be obtained directly from the appropriate awarding body.  For further details, see here.

Contact us

For further information, please contact the Achievements Office on:
T 01253 504177

Related pages