Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire - Level 2
Course Code: WS1FE0007
Next available course:
This Certificate provides learners with the knowledge and skills to support their professional development as a taxi or private hire driver — helping them to meet and adapt to the challenges they face on a daily basis.
The Certificate in Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire develops essential knowledge in:
- health and safety in the taxi work environment
- vehicle maintenance and safety inspections
- routes and fares
- safely transporting passengers, luggage and parcels
- providing a professional customer service, and
- an understanding of relevant licensing regulations that relate to the operation of taxi and private hire operations
Learners will also develop the skills necessary to support passengers who require mobility assistance or use of a wheelchair.
Students must be over 18 and have held a driving licence for one year.
No prior qualifications or knowledge are required to undertake this qualification.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
All staff involved in the delivery of adult education courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.