Nail Services - Advanced Apprenticeship
Course Code: WH00007
Next available course:
On the Advanced Level apprenticeship, you’ll have the opportunity to develop specialist skills in creative nail work by planning, designing and creating images for nail art – you may even get involved with photoshoots or competitions. You’ll provide a wide range of services to clients, including nail enhancements using liquid and powder, wraps and light-cured gel; airbrushing; creative nail designs; and hand and nail treatments.
Working as a nail technician requires social skills as well as technical ones – you’ll need to enjoy working with people in addition to managing appointments, creating new designs, and following strict health and safety procedures.
You are expected to have:
- Appropriate personal presentation including clothing, hair and personal hygiene. Practical, organisational and social skills.
- Attention to detail and cleanliness.
- A good sense of humour/amicable nature and communication skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Willingness to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- A high degree of dexterity and coordination.
Teaching and Learning Methods
A variety of teaching methods including, one to one support in the work place.
• Reflected accounts
• practical observations will cover the majority of assessments during the course
Industry Placement and Field Trips
All staff involved in the delivery of any courses within the College are approved to teach and/or assess the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering and/or assessing a given programme are appropriately qualified, with relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.