Education and Childcare - Level 2
Course Code: SE1FE384
Employment opportunities in Blackpool for nursery practitioners, teaching assistants and primary school teachers is high. This pre-T Level is a programme designed as a stepping stone to B&FC’s T Level in Education and Childcare.
If you want a career in early years education or want to progress to a degree in Primary Teaching, but just missed out on gaining grade 4 in English or Maths in school, this pre-T level will give you the opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of working with children in nurseries or schools alongside re-sitting your English and/or Maths GCSE.
You will benefit from extra tuition in English and Maths as well as guaranteed entry to the November re-sit for GCSE, meaning you get two more chances to sit your GCSE exams on this programme.
You will be provided with an industry placement in a nursery or primary school and you’ll also learn about child development, the early years and national curriculum as well as the importance of play and early childhood attachment. You’ll be taught by our T Level expert tutors, who have all worked in early years and school settings.
This programme gives you the best chance of gaining grade 4 in English and Maths as well as a head start should you progress to the T Level afterwards.
4 GCSEs grade 3 - 1 including English and Maths and a clear DBS check
- a successful interview with a tutor
- the ability to study independently
- a genuine interest in the subject
- good communication skills
- hardworking approach towards the industry
Teaching and Learning Methods
You will attend college for three days per week. Included within the three days are:
- GCSE Maths classes
- GCSE English classes
- Skills development sessions in our simulation suites (nursery and primary school classrooms)
- Core sessions – these include subjects such as child development, play, types of curriculum and working with children who have additional needs
- English and Maths workshops – to enable you to be as prepared as possible for the GCSE re-sit exams.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of any courses within the College are approved to teach and/or assess the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering and/or assessing a given programme are appropriately qualified, with relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.