Health, Social Care and Behaviour Management - Level 2
Course Code: SE1FE367
Studying this qualification will increase your knowledge and awareness of behaviour that challenges and its effects when working in health or social care.
By completing the qualification, you will develop knowledge of:
- Different types of challenging behaviour you may experience when working in health or social care
- How to support patients’ positive behaviour
- The importance of communication and behaviour management strategies
- How to reflect and why this is important when working with vulnerable people
4 GCSEs grade 3 - 1 including English and Maths and a clear DBS check
- a successful interview with a tutor
- the ability to study independently
- a genuine interest in the subject
- good communication skills
- hardworking approach towards the industry
All 16-18 year old applicants will be invited to attend an interview to meet a tutor and ask any questions they may have about the course.
Teaching and Learning Methods
This is a full-time course, involving 3 days a week spent at College.
You will also be provided with work experience in a relevant setting, which you can either complete during college time or independently on your study day. We will also expect you to spend 3 hours a week on independent learning.
At College, teaching is delivered in groups and supported by group activities and discussions. One-to-one support is also provided to help with completing written assignments.
When you start the course we will assign you a progress tutor who will support you throughout your time here.
Their role is to help you in setting academic and personal targets, identifying career plans, developing employability skills and monitoring your progress to make sure you realise your full potential.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of further education courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Students who are 18 or under and resident in the EU pay no course fees. Read our tuition fees guide for students 19 and over.