Vehicle Body Repair and Paint - Level 3
Course Code: EA1FE582
If you are aged between 16 and 18 and have already completed a relevant Level 2 qualification, this one year course is ideal for continuing your journey to a rewarding career.
This Level 3 Vehicle Body Repair and Paint course is designed to help you further develop your learning to industry-standards and focuses on meticulous preparation of a range of different surfaces and materials and the application of topcoats to extremely high standards.
- You must be aged 16 to 18 when the course starts in September
- You must have successfully completed a relevant Level 2 qualification, or have at least 1 years industry experience
- Must have a minimum of Level 1 in English and mathematics
- You should have a passion for cars and a keen interest in working in the automotive industry
All 16-18 year old applicants will be invited to attend an interview to meet a tutor and ask any questions they may have about the course.
Teaching and Learning Methods
You will be taught by tutors who have a wealth of industry experience and a passion for developing the next generation of technicians. Your tutors will get to know how you learn best and tailor their teaching methods to your needs.
There are weekly opportunities for you to discuss your progress with your Progress Tutor and you will be allocated a team manager to support you through every aspect of your learning and career development.
This course is mainly practical-based and is delivered in the following way (hours shown are weekly)…
- Vehicle Body Repair and Paint Practical (Workshop – 6 hours)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Paint Theory (Classroom – 2.25 hours)
- Independent Study (1.5 hours)
- Industry Placement (Company – 26 hours total)
- Progress Meeting (Classroom – 1.5 hours)
- English and mathematics (Depending on GCSE results – 3 to 7.5 hours)
The environment is very supportive and includes regular target setting and reviews
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of further education courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Students who are 18 or under and resident in the EU pay no course fees. Read our tuition fees guide for students 19 and over.